Are you concerned about how your teeth look every morning when you wake up? Are you struggling to remove those stubborn stains with your soft-bristle toothbrush? Well, have you considered teeth whitening treatment?
Stubborn stains, also known as discolouration, is a consequence of a fad diet containing food and drink that are contain staining ingredients. This means the more you consume it, the likely your teeth will stain.
The two forms of discolouration likely to occur on your teeth are Intrinsic discolouration and Extrinsic discolouration.
Intrinsic discolouration is where stains are embedded within the structure of the enamel, the inner surface of the tooth called the dentin. Stains within the enamel cannot be removed by brushing and would require cosmetic treatment to restore the white shade.
Extrinsic discolouration is where stains are located in the outer surface of the tooth which is the enamel, the area that you show off with your smile.
Not only does food and drink such as tea, coffee, wine, sodas, sauces, curries and moist fruits cause staining, but so does smoking. As a smoker, you’re likely to see stains alongside further damage to your gums.
Should I Choose Teeth Whitening?
Cosmetic dentistry involves many different treatments, and it is understandably difficult to determine which choice of treatment best suits your needs. You can try porcelain veneers to hide any wear-and-tear including stains or choose composite bonding.
There are many treatments available to whiten your teeth, but teeth whitening is the tried-and-tested treatment that promises to remove those stubborn stains off your teeth.
Below are five points why you should consider teeth whitening treatment to remove those stubborn stains:
- Result Are Immediate – Teeth whitening treatment delivers same-day results, with the dentist being able to brighten your teeth by up to eight shades. No matter how dark your stains are, the special peroxide gel breaks down the stains and removes them, making the shade less concentrated and brightening your teeth.
- Long Term Results – Alongside teeth whitening results being immediate, results can also be considered long-lasting. Although, there is a dependency on how strong your oral routine is to make this happen. Continue to brush and floss your teeth every day, adjust your diet to reduce consumption of staining foods and consume clear food and drink, and quit smoking.
- A Natural Shine – Dental veneers and composite bonding can resurrect your smile, but it can’t be considered a natural smile. You always want to show off your own natural smile, and teeth whitening certainly delivers this.
- Limited Sensitivity – Teeth whitening treatment at the dentist comes with minimal sensitivity, meaning you may experience a small reaction, but this is expected to go away quickly, allowing you to show off your smile pain-free.
- Confidence In Your Own Smile – Showing off your natural smile breeds smiling confidence, and stains can naturally kill this. Understandably, with other cosmetic treatments such as porcelain veneers or composite bonding, your smile would still look exemplary, but there is still a thought that your own teeth aren’t as healthy as you’d want. Teeth whitening restores its health level and your smile will beam even brighter.
Teeth whitening treatment at the dentist delivers the natural-looking results you need. If you’re seeking to remove those stubborn stains from your teeth, our experienced Dental Docklands team will restore your missing confidence in your smile. Contact us today to check yourself in for teeth whitening treatment with us!